In compliance with the provisions set out under article 222 of the Information Society and eCommerce Services Act (LSSI) and pursuant to European Directive 2009/136/EC, LeasePlan hereby informs you that this website uses its own cookies as well as third-party cookies in order to improve your browsing experience, as well as for the purpose of advertising our products through an analysis of your browser habits.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain webpages. Among other things, cookies allow a webpage to store and recover information about the browsing habits of the user or their device and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which the equipment is used, they can be employed to recognise the user.
Can you avoid storing cookies on your computer?
What kinds of cookies does this website use?
Based on their purpose, LeasePlan uses the following types of cookies:
1. Analytical cookies: analytical cookies capture information to evaluate the use you make of the website and the general activity of the same. Web analytics is the measurement, compilation, analysis and creation of Internet data reports to understand and optimise use of the website.
2. Advertising and behavioural cookies: advertising and behavioural cookies capture information on your preferences and personal choices on this website. They are targeted at advertising networks that use them to display customised advertisements on other websites.
3. Technical and performance cookies: technical cookies are strictly necessary for the use of this website. And performance cookies are those that improve the user’s experience, such as reducing the time to load pages that are visited.
4. Functional cookies: functional cookies are those strictly required to provide the services requested by users on this website. They enable a service that recognises your device so that you do not have to enter the same information several times during the same task. For example, they are used to remember your username and password at the start of the session, guaranteeing your security during the session or guaranteeing that the page aspect is consistent.
Furthermore, depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, we can draw a distinction between:
1. Own cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal from equipment or a domain managed by the editor and from where the service requested by the user is provided.
2. Third-party cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
LeasePlan uses both its own as well as third-party cookies.
Lastly, depending on the time they remain activated, we can draw a distinction between:
1. Session cookies: these are a type of cookie designed to capture and store data while the user accesses a webpage.
2. Persistent cookies: these are the type of cookie in which the data remain stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period of time defined by the cookie manager, and which ranges from a few minutes to several years.
LeasePlan uses session cookies. It also uses persistent cookies for a maximum of 10 years, for the exclusive purpose of verifying whether or not the user has had access to the cookies policy and to make access to this policy possible if they have not done so previously.
Do you require further information?
You will also find further information about cookies and how to manage these at http://www.aboutcookies.org or at http://www.iabeurope.eu/cookies-faq.aspx (please remember that LeasePlan holds no liability for the content of third-party webpages).